Monday, September 19, 2011

New Adventures

My Little Man is growing up way too fast. He will be 4 in 3 weeks and I am in complete denial. He was just the size of Little Miss a few weeks ago it seems.

I have been debating sending Little Man to preschool. I know it will do him good, and he will interact with kids his age more, but I want to home school the kids and thought we didn't need preschool. Well, I changed my mind. I'm allowed to do that, right?

Little Man started a 3 day a week preschool on Friday. He LOVES it! This morning he woke up and was ready to go! It gives me more time to spend with Little Miracle and Little Miss also.

I can't wait for him to come home and tell me what he learned, who his friends are and what his favorite part of the day was. Although, on Friday all the answers were "I don't know".

Both boys started AWANA a few weeks ago too. Stephen and I both grew up going to AWANA and really wanted our children to go also. Little Man loves AWANA also. He quotes his Bible verses and wants to read the Cubbies book every day. Little Miracle is still not so sure about AWANA, since he does not like being away from Mommy.

Finally, Little Miss. I need to change her nick name. She is no LITTLE Miss.

Little Man and Little Miracle both started out at 7.5ish pounds, and stayed little. Both boys were always in the 5% or under for their weight until around 18 months, and that is when they started to pack on pounds. (Little Man, at almost 4 is in the 90% for his weight now)

Little Miss must know she needs to catch up to these boys. At 2 weeks old she was back to her birth weight (8.3 lbs) and at 1 month old, was 10.5 lbs. 10 POUNDS!!! A weight gain of 2 pounds in 2 weeks! Her newborn clothes no longer fit her. This just blows my mind since both boys were in newborn clothes for a few months. I know each child is different, but I thought since we had 2 skinny boys, we would have a skinny girl too.

I always wanted a fat baby.... looks like I may have it!


Photobucket

No comments: