Wednesday, December 8, 2010

To My Little Miracle

To my Little Miracle,

I spent my entire pregnancy worried. Worried at first that you were the molar pregnancy re-growing. Worried later that you had Down Syndrome. Worried about your health. In the middle of a move and trying to buy a house. It was a very stressful time.

Your birth was just as crazy. You came in almost 50 minutes from the first contraction to being birthed. You were birthed in my bathtub with just your father there. I was in shock then, but looking back I wouldn’t change much from your birth.

You nursed great from the beginning. I was so thankful. You were the best baby in the hospital. We were there for 2 nights, and you slept so well. I was so thankful.

Then we brought you home.

You screamed for the first 6 weeks of your life, non stop. Mommy and Daddy did everything they could think of to comfort you. You slowly started to calm down and become more manageable.

You slept with us from the day you were born, even in the hospital. You started going to your crib for a few hours at 6 months old, but you still ended up in our bed every night and you still do.

You nursed like a champ and still do. You love nursing. I think you would nurse all day if I would let you.

I swore up and down you would walk before 12 months. You proved me wrong.

You have a strong will. You don’t like me to feed you anything that you can do yourself. When we try to make you stand to walk, you fall to the floor and crawl. You have Mamas temper and that is not a good thing.

The first year of your life was the most trying year of my life but it has only made me stronger.

I love you with every ounce of my being. I love the way you and your brother play together. You adore your brother. You are a mama’s boy thru and thru.

Happy first birthday my Little Miracle. I am looking forward to seeing the fun you have in store for us this next year!

Love,
Mama

Photobucket

No comments: