Friday, January 23, 2009

... And Wiskers On Kittens

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad


Ok. I know I said I would post this in a few days, but I am playing with the camera today, and decided to go ahead and do it now. Here are a few of his favorite non-toy toys.

Empty Coke bottles are always fun. They are drumsticks, things to roll, and even try to drink out of. He is way too little for Coke, so he usually gets the empty bottles. He loves empty bottles... even beer ones... I'll get to that later.
Photobucket

Empty popcorn tin left over from Christmas. It makes a great drum!!
Photobucket

Markers, pens, crayons, highlighters... he loves them all. He likes to chew on them, and "write" with them. I have been fortunate enough that he does not know how to take the lid off the markers yet, but he does know how to work a pen!
Photobucket
As you can see, I can't even take a picture without him wanting to play with these.

Oh the TV remote. His all time favorite. We bought him a play remote, and he still wants ours.
Photobucket

Coathangers are fun! They make great braclets. He also likes to carry them around.
Photobucket

The dryer door. This is especially fun when Mommy is folding laundry. He likes to try to shut it when I am putting stuff in, or taking stuff out.
Photobucket

Knives. He loves to just walk around the house with them. Ok. Just kidding. Had to see if you were still paying attention.
Photobucket

As you can see, anything makes a great toy for a toddler. As I was cleaning up his playroom today, I found all of these. An empty beer bottle (from last night... Daddy drank it), a highlighter, a pen, the Blockbuster card that has been missing since last week, and and empty ribbon container from Christmas. That last one is the only one that stayed in his playroom.
Photobucket

No comments: