Sunday, January 4, 2009

Hikes and Damns.

We went for a nice hike yesterday, on a river trail we have here. We started at the ending, because its a 2 1/2 mile trial, one way, so I have never seen the end of it. It is close to a Georgia Power plant, which has a damn. I never even knew that it was there. I had my camera with me, and got some pretty cool shots. We had a picnic lunch on top of a flood barrier next to a lake, which was next to the damn.

On the way to the river bed. You can see the lake on the right, the concrete barriers are holding the lake in.
Photobucket

Up where we had our picnic. The lake is on the right, the river bed and damn on the left.
Photobucket

My son, offering me his banana. He likes to share.
Photobucket

We kept hiking, and found the other side of the damn. This is the lake on the top, and the view from the top of the damn
Photobucket

The water
Photobucket

I thought this was a great time to play with the shutter speed on my camera. Here is that picture, which has been further edited on the computer.
Photobucket

As for me, it seems like my body is slowly getting back to normal. My cycle came back yesterday, in the middle of our hike.

My son is also now officially a toddler. I know I said a few weeks back that he took his first steps. Well, he is all over now! Here he is even walking around with his pj's over his head. Silly boy!
Photobucket

No comments: