Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Bunk Beds and Toddler Beds

A few months ago we went looking for bunk beds. We knew we would need one when we moved the boys into the same room. We found one we liked, but I really did not want to spend $1000 on it. So off to Craigslist I went. Almost every day for the past 2 months I looked for one on Craigslist.

Monday was my lucky day. I finally found one I loved that was in my price range and local. We went to look at it and it was perfect so home it came.

Photobucket

On the way home we stopped to let Little Man pick out sheets. He picked out a Toy Story set. We picked up a plain one for the other bed since it will eventually be Little Miracles but I want him to pick out what he wants when that time comes.

When we got home, we set up the bed. Little Man was SO excited to finally have his bunk beds!! He {of course} chose the top bunk.

Photobucket

We moved his train bed to Little Miracles room fully expecting to start Little Miracle in the toddler bed that night. When Little Man was moved to a toddler bed, he went in no problems at all. I kinda hoped that Little Miracle would do the same.

I should have known better.

When the train bed was in Little Mans room, Little Miracle wanted it. He would climb up into it every night and tuck himself in under the covers, waiting on his bedtime story from Daddy. But once it was moved to his room, he wants NOTHING to do with it.

I tucked him in it last night, kissed him good night and left. 10 seconds later he is SCREAMING. I went back in and ended up sitting on the floor next to his bed rubbing his back and talking to him. Finally, almost 40 minutes later, he said “I crib please?”.

Sure thing Little Miracle. Back in his crib he went.

I guess he’s not quite ready. We will try again in a few days and see what he does. Once he is sleeping in a toddler bed, we will move him into Little Mans room then I get to redecorate the nursery for Little Miss!

{We are also using the toddler bed to take away the bottle. He only gets a bottle at nap and bed time, so when he gets the toddler bed he has to have a sippy cup. He drank all of his milk from the sippy cup last night while I was in his room, so we may be getting somewhere on that!}

Photobucket

No comments: