Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 In Review

2011 was a busy year for us!

In January, we got to see our precious Little Bean
and see that it was a baby and not another molar pregnancy. {Each time I get pregnant, the risk is higher that it will be a molar again, so we have early ultrasounds to rule this out}

We also decided not to find out the gender of our “Little Bean” this time around. It was something I had wanted to do in previous pregnancies but never ended up having the patience to do so.

In February, Little Miracle started walking and also weaned from nursing. Just like his older brother, he did both at 14 months.

In March, I played with chemicals again to get some “guesses” on the gender of the baby. Both tests said “BOY!”

We also painted our house and did lots of other small projects

In April, we had our 20 week ultrasound and stayed strong with not finding out the gender. At that appointment, Stephen swore he saw “nothing” between the legs {even though they did not even look}, so he was convinced from that day on that the baby was a girl.

In May we celebrated 7 years of marriage. We went out to dinner. I was craving a bacon cheeseburger so we went to Chili's. This was the first year we did not go somewhere REALLY nice, but the pregnant lady had a craving! We also went to The Melting Pot for dessert.

June brought us our annual Florida trip and my growing suspicions that the baby was, in fact, a girl based on how I was carrying.

July we finally redecorated the boys bathroom and finally got them out of my bathtub.

August brought us the birth of Little Miss. Another fast birth, though we {barley} made it to the hospital this time around {And Stephen missed the whole thing. He was parking the car.} I had it planned that no one would tell me the gender. I was shocked and surprised to look for myself and see that she was a girl!

In September we started AWANA and my Little Man started preschool. They both love AWANA and Little Man is doing amazing in preschool.

October my Little Man turned 4. We also spent lots of afternoons playing in the leaves. Our fall this year was absolutely gorgeous.

In November we celebrated Thanksgiving with my family. I hosted and we had 15 people in our house for Thanksgiving dinner. Lots of delicious food and great company.

December brought us another birthday. My Little Miracle turned 2 and shortly there after started putting himself to sleep

We also celebrated Christmas {and I have not written that post yet}. The boys LOVED their Santa gifts and the gifts that we got them. Little Miss also got some fun stuff from Santa and us, though most of it was socks and tights.

What’s the plan for 2012?

Well, we have our annual Florida trip planned in June. We are planning a Chicago trip {and TweetUp} for some time this year. Little Man will continue preschool and Little Miracle will most likely start preschool also. We have a lot of house improvement projects planned for the beginning of the year, and Stephen and I are going to be buying a whole new wardrobe for us. It’s seriously been 10 years since we bought anything significant for our wardrobe. Little Miss will most likely start walking and also celebrate her 1st birthday!

I am excited to see 2012 here!


Photobucket

No comments: