Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Spring Cleaning

Last night we went to our churches small group. Our lesson Sunday was on “Hoarders” and what we hold onto. I did not get to listen to the message because Little Miracle was fussing, but we discussed it last night. What we are holding onto in our lives. Be it physical or emotional.

Many of you know, I am slightly OCD when it comes to clutter and my house. I like my house to be clutter free, clean, neat and organized.

Lately I have felt like my life was falling apart. Stephen was working 12 hour days, my kids were not listening, and I felt like sleeping all day. Needless to say, my house suffered. Laundry piled up, diapers needed to be washed, the dust was inches thick on the cabinets and toys were scattered about the entire house.

I woke up this morning and was tired of the mess. I had the urge to spring clean. To throw it all away. To get everything back in order.

I cleaned out the laundry room which had become my catch all for the junk in my life. Then I swept the floor, vacuumed, dusted, did some laundry. It feels nice to clean. I still have a lot of cleaning to do to feel completed, but it will take a few days. Closets need to be purged and the fridge needs to be scrubbed.

Stephen is back to working less hours (for now) and I am slowly feeling like myself again. My house needs to get back in order and I think everything will be OK again around here.

I am feeling anew again, and it feels so good.


Photobucket

No comments: